Mary McCarthy is an internationally renowned performer, composer and teacher.
Her music is based on her heritage of Irish traditional music but she is a true musical explorer who has been involved in many international projects and given recitals all over the world – in Sri Lanka, Norway, Spain, the Caribbean, the USA, and Brazil as well as in the UK and in Ireland. She performs regularly (piano and accordion) with the saxophonist Richard Ingham and has issued six CDs.
Mary is one of the world’s leading Suzuki method experts and has studied directly with Dr Shinichi Suzuki, whose teaching methods continue to revolutionise music education. His philosophy and technique have opened up music learning to pupils of all ranges of ability. Mary McCarthy, with her inclusiveness and personal warmth, is the ideal proponent of this form of teaching. She has been Principal Piano Tutor, BA in Scottish Music at the Royal Scottish Conservatoire, Glasgow, since its inception in 1996 and is Director of National Suzuki Piano Teacher Training Courses in no less than four countries: Ireland, Scotland, Latvia and Spain.
- Events – October / November 2018 Events in October and November 2018
- Bridges concert programme Details of the Bridges concert series, 2017-2018
- Teacher Training dates 2018 Suzuki Piano Teacher Training Dates in Spain and Latvia, 2018-2019
- Bridges 16 track album
- Scenes from a Mountain Scenes from a Mountain is a selection of music which Richard Ingham & Mary McCarthy enjoy playing from Scotland, Serbia, Japan, Italy, Ireland, and the United States. The ...
- From Pennan to Penang 11 track album with Richard Ingham